Ready to spice it up a bit with this zesty and clean sriracha lime cashew pasta sauce? Paired with zucchini noodles (aka zoodles), this light and healthy dish has a kick to it that your tastebuds will be begging for more! Enjoy this with a green salad and you have a hearty clean meal. Using the agave nectar in lieu of the honey keeps this vegan and oh so yummy! Enjoy!
What you’ll need:
- 6 medium organic zucchini, washed and “zoodled” to make spaghetti-like noodles
- 1.5 cups cashews, soaked for at least 3 hours and drained/washed, plus extras for topping
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and diced
- 1″ piece of ginger, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (or gluten free soy sauce)
- 2-3 tbsp sriracha depending on how spicy you’re feeling!
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- pepper to taste
- red or orange bell pepper and 2 medium carrots (peeled), sliced into 1″ sticks
- diced green onions and cilantro for garnish
- sesame seeds or pepitas (pumpkin seeds) for garnish
What you’ll need to do:
In blender or food processor add the cashews, garlic and ginger and blend until a thick paste forms. Add the sesame oil, vinegar, honey/nectar, coco aminos, sriracha, lime juice, coco milk and pepper and blend until creamy and smooth.
Add the bell peppers and pour the sauce over the zoodles. Garnish with chopped green onion, cilantro and sesame seeds/pepitas and season with pepper.
I modified this recipe found on Pintrest. Mix it up with adding different veggies to the sauce, use carrots or quinoa pasta as the base, and add some more sriracha to spice it up more!
Bon appetit! Keep it clean and simple with fresh local ingredients and you’ll belly and soul with thank you! 🙂