I could eat roasted butternut squash all day by itself, but this recipe enriches the sweet and nutty flavor of the squash, pairs it with vitamin A & C packed spinach, disease fighting garlic and pasta/rice of your liking. I paired this with Italian Farro for an extra nutty and crunchy delightful dish. Enjoy!
- 2½ cups butternut squash, roasted
- 1 cup orzo (I used 1/2 cup of Italian Farro)
- 3 cups fresh spinach, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut roasted butternut squash into ¼ inch cubes. Set aside.
- Cook orzo (or pasta/rice of choice) in boiling salty water according to package instructions. Drain, but reserve some of pasta water.
- In the meantime in a large pan, fry garlic in olive oil for a few seconds (until fragrant), add spinach and 1-2 Tbsp water you reserved from cooking orzo. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is soft to your liking.
- Add orzo/pasta, butternut squash and season to taste with salt and pepper.